Get Active: Terms and Conditions
By attending Get Active 2023: Sports & Activity Day through treatment and beyond! (the “Event”), put on by the Cancer Unit at Great Ormond Street Hospital, you are deemed to have agreed to the following Terms and Conditions:
- By providing your details you have agreed that we will contact you by email and telephone about your participation in relation to the Event.
- This is a free event, but to attend you must have registered your details using the Get Active! Registration form.
- Children and guests participating in, and attending this Event remain the responsibility of the primary carer at all times.
- Children under 16 years of age on the Event day must have parental consent to participate and be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- You understand that we will contact you via email prior to the event with important information in relation to bringing a child / children to this Event. Please ensure you read these emails, and do not hesitate to contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
- You accept that Great Ormond Street Hospital, or any other Event partners, are not liable for your possessions during the Event.
- You are entering the Event of your own volition, and therefore confirm that your general state of health and fitness is good.
- You understand that any injury sustained by you during the Event, which after investigation is deemed to be no fault of Great Ormond Street Hospital and/or other Event partners, shall be your own responsibility. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall attempt to limit or exclude, any of the parties referred to in these Terms and Conditions, liability for fraud, death or personal injury which is caused by, or attributable to, them.
- Your telephone number is important to provide us with information in case of emergency.
- If the Event is delayed or cancelled due to any situation beyond our control, e.g. adverse weather conditions, we will try to arrange for the Event to take place at a later date, but cannot guarantee this will happen.
- For information about future events, we may contact you by email, but only if we have your permission to do so.
- We will always treat your personal details with the utmost care and will never sell or swap with other organisations for their marketing purposes. We will keep your details safe and private and you can change your communication preferences by emailing email@example.com
- You understand that all information provided as part of the registration process is held by Great Ormond Street Hospital for the purpose of administering your participation. You further understand that information provided about children under 16 years of age is done so with the explicit permission and knowledge of the child's parent/guardian regarding the collection of information.
- These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim between the parties arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes of claims) arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
- Great Ormond Street Hospital reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
Photography and other forms of media
- A professional photographer/videographer will be attending the event to take some pictures and videos for future online or offline promotional activities by Great Ormond Street Hospital for up to two years.
- It is possible you or your child/children may feature in a main photograph for publication, or promotional film, taken at the Event - if this is the case, we shall ask for your permission at the relevant time and prior to use or publication of the images.
- If you have not given your consent but do feature in the foreground of our photography/video, please be aware that we will, where possible, blur the images, but we may still publish your image. There will be wristbands provided to attendees at the event to provide a visual guide to the professional photographer/videographer of attendees that have not consented. As an additional step, if you do not want your image (or those of any of your guests or children under your care) taken, we recommend that you inform the photographer/videographer on the day.
- In addition to our own photography, press maybe invited to the Event and may take their own photography, which will be published in their publications in line with their processes. Great Ormond Street Hospital has no control over external press publications.