"As women, we are the catalysts of a cultural movement towards social good. Our voices, questions, and choices are collectively setting the course for the world in which we live and love." (The Good Trade).
The Women’s Network aims to improve the working lives of everyone at GOSH. We believe equality benefits everyone. Our mission is to be group that challenges the status quo, uniting and celebrating those who identify as women to embrace their multiple and intersectional identities. The Women's Network is for all women, including non-binary/femme identities, irrespective of sex assigned at birth, as well as allies.
- Build a network of women with a safe space to nurture and grow together, in an atmosphere of authentic support and friendship.
- Celebrate, recognise, and share the achievements and successes of women at all levels and their impact across Great Ormond Street Hospital and in our wider communities.
- Raise awareness of barriers and biases facing women in the workplace and be a key influence on gender equality.
Priorities for 2022-23
Our priorities for this year have been established from staff feedback as:
- Career Development
- Women’s Health
- Personal Safety
- Parental Leave
- Chair: Lisa Mennie
- Vice-Chair: Evie Allan
- Communications Officer: Esther Ichanghai
- Events Officer: Kate Plunkett-Reed
- Network Coordinator: Daisy Goodison
Executive Sponsor: Tracy Luckett
If you are a member of staff, we’d love for you to join us so please send an email with the subject 'membership' to Women@gosh.nhs.uk to get involved.
You can also follow us on Twitter and Instagram @GOSH_Women.