Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans and Allies Forum
The aim of the forum is to ensure the Trust recognises and involves staff and volunteers who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans or non-binary (LGBT+) and/or relationship diverse or as an LGBT+ ally.
For the first time in 2018, GOSH had a presence at Pride in London, with 12 marchers. Just one year later, GOSH’s representation in 2019 had grown to 68!
Our LGBT+ and Allies Forum offers support to our members and the wider organisation in the form of:
- Support of LBGT+ staff and families
- Visibility that our hospital is an LGBT+ friendly environment, which includes our ‘GOSH We’re Proud’ rainbow badge
- Policy advice
- Mentoring, training and education
- Inclusive, varied and publicised events
- Linkages with other forums and groups nationally
- Sharing experience and support
Members of the LGBT+ and Allies Forum Executive Team are:
- Forum co-chairs: Jamie Wilcox and Nikki Low
- Event organisers: Beth Reeves and Sam Hall
- Administrator/coordinator: Anushka Pereira and Anthony De Souza