This page includes information about how to refer a patient to the Cardiology department at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
How to refer a patient
For an outpatient appointment
Referrals are usually by letter (often preceded by a telephone conversation) normally to a named consultant or team although referrals without a named consultant will be allocated to the most appropriate consultant.
For referrals to specific clinics please contact the clinic administrator on 0207 405 9200 using the appropriate extension above.
Referrals can be by email where the ‘referred to’ consultants email is known. The unit has plans to extend the email service in the near future.
The address for referrals is:
Great Ormond Street Hospital
Great Ormond Street
Inter hospital transfer
Please contact the Cardiology department directly on telephone number 0207 405 9200 bleep 0548 if the transfer is an out-of-hours emergency (patients that need life or limb saving treatment at GOSH within a few hours), or urgent (patients that need transfer to GOSH but not in the emergency category).
How to get advice
For patients known to GOSH
For emergency and urgent patients please use the contact details above. For other enquiries where the patient's GOSH consultant is known, please contact the main switchboard on 0207 405 9200 and ask to be put through to the consultant in question.
If the patient’s GOSH consultant is unknown please call the main hospital switchboard and ask to be put through to a cardiology secretary who will be able to route the call to the right consultant.
For patients not known to GOSH
For emergency and urgent patients please use the contact details above. For other enquiries please call the main hospital switchboard and ask to be put through to a cardiology secretary who will seek out the right consultant to respond to the enquiry.
- Dr Rachel Andrews, Consultant Cardiologist
- Dr Michael Burch, Director of Transplantation & Lead Cardiologist
020 7405 9200 (ext 0680)
- Dr Graham Derrick, Consultant Cardiologist - Interventional Cardiologist
020 7405 9200 (ext 7857)
- Dr Matthew Fenton, Consultant Cardiologist – Heart Transplant
020 7405 9200 (ext 5838)
- Dr Alessandro Giardini, Consultant Cardiologist
- Dr Juan Kaski, Consultant Cardiologist - Inherited cardiovascular diseases
020 7405 9200 (ext 8839)
- Dr Sachin Khambadkone, Consultant in Paediatric and Adolescent Cardiology(Interventional Cardiologist)
020 7405 9200 (ext 6709)
- Dr Martin Lowe, Consultant Cardiologist - Electrophysiology
020 7405 9200 (ext 5418)
- Professor Jan Marek, Director of Echocardiography
020 7405 9200 (ext 8012)
- Dr Shankar Sridharan, Consultant Cardiologist Fetal
0207 405 9200 (ext 8497)
- Dr Ian Sullivan, Consultant Cardiologist – Fetal
0207 405 9200 (ext 8845)
- Dr Maite Tome Esteban, Consultant Cardiologist
- Dr Robert Yates, Consultant Cardiologist
020 7405 9200 (ext 0541)
- Marfan's syndrome (ext 8839)
- Chanelopathies (Long QT syndrome and Brugada) (ext 8839)
- Heart muscle diseases (ext 8563)
- Heart failure (ext 6704)