The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (Pals)
The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (Pals) is a free and confidential service which helps patients, parents and carers with any information, concerns, or problems that they have about their NHS care/service.
Pals can be contacted by phone, email or via an online virtual Zoom appointment. See our contact details below to get in touch – one of our friendly team will be happy to support you.
Pals are here to…
- Help and advise on any issue related to your hospital experience. We recognise that being in hospital can cause lots of difficulties and we are happy to listen and offer our support.
- Liaise with the various departments in the hospital on your behalf to resolve your problems and where appropriate refer you to outside help.
- Provide health information on wide range of medical conditions.
- Offer a digital greeting card service, so you can send a virtual message to a loved one on a ward at GOSH.
Pals attempts to resolve your problems quickly. However, if you feel the need to complain about any aspect of your NHS experience, we will be happy to advise and guide you through the complaints procedure.
How to contact us
The Pals team are available 10-5pm, Monday to Friday.
You can contact the Pals staff:
- By phone: 020 7829 7862 (direct line)
- By email: email@example.com
- By Zoom:
- You can now establish face to face contact via Zoom to the Pals service at GOSH about any queries you may have.
- This service is available 10-4pm Monday-Friday.
- To access this service, please follow this link to sign up for zoom https://zoom.us/signup
- Once registered please enter the following Meeting ID: 609-073-7771, you will then be prompted to enter the password 0N3vkZ to begin the video call
- If we are on a video call with a member of public we will be notified you are waiting and you will be placed in a waiting room area. We will aim to be with you shortly.
- Alternatively if you would like to arrange a suitable time to speak with Pals on Zoom Video, please email Pals@gosh.nhs.uk and we can arrange an appointment with you.
The service is staffed by:
- Luke Murphy: Deputy Head of Patient Experience & Pals Service Manager
- Kimi Dial: Senior Pals Officer
- Bobby Coates: Pals Officer and Volunteers Supervisor
- Aaron Kamese: Pals Officer & Child, Young Person and Family Information Advisor
We promise to:
- contact you in two working days of your request
- advise you on the options available and help you to resolve your problem
- keep you regularly informed of the progress of any action you ask us to take on your behalf
- use your experiences to help improve services in the future. We welcome any suggestions that you feel would help to improve the Pals service.
If you are not happy
If you are not happy with the service you receive from Pals, please contact the Head of Patient Experience and Engagement, Claire Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Claire Williams. Head of Patient Experience and Engagement
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children
Great Ormond Street