Clinics and wards used by the Respiratory Medicine and Transitional Care Unit
There are several wards for children under the care of the Respiratory Unit at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Respiratory Medicine use Kingfisher Ward for some sleep studies.
Kingfisher Ward is based in the Octav Botnar Wing, and is where children undergo medical investigations and tests.
Respiratory patients attending Kingfisher Ward attend for a sleep study, which is run as care-by-parent on the Respiratory Sleep Unit. A sleep technician will be on the ward assessing the patients, although the child's care will be provided by their parent.
Patients who need nursing care are admitted to Badger Ward for their sleep study.
Outpatient clinics are held on the following days:
- General Respiratory (RESPCW) - Monday (weekly)
- General Respiratory - Registrar (CWREG) - Monday (weekly)
- Joint Respiratory/Immunology (ICW) - Monday (bi-monthly)
- General Intensive Therapy (ACW) - Friday (quarterly)
- General Respiratory (RESREM) - Monday (weekly)
- General Respiratory - Registrar (RSREG1) - Monday (weekly)
- General Respiratory (CCC) - Friday (monthly)
- General Respiratory (RESRSF) - Friday (weekly)
- General Respiratory (PARESP) - Friday (weekly)
- General Respiratory - Registrar (PAREG) - Friday (weekly)
Dr Wallis/Dr Suri/Dr Aurora
- Cystic Fibrosis (CF) - Tuesday (weekly)
- Cystic Fibrosis Annual Review (CFAR) - Tuesday and Wednesday (weekly)