- Locally assessing, arranging and confirming your research project as per the HRA approval process
- Ethics advice and guidance
- NIHR Clinical Research Network Portfolio
- The governance team
Why do we need Research Governance?
- Safeguard the participants of research projects
- Protect investigators/researchers by providing a robust and clear framework
- Monitor practice and performance
- Enhance the ethical and scientific quality of research
- Promote good practice and minimise risk
What approvals do I need to start my research at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH)?
- Register your project and submit your grant application to the Project Registration Team
- Apply to have your own account study reviewed by the Clinical Research Adoptions Committee (CRAC)
- Evidence of peer review is required for clinical research – either from a funding body or a scientific approval from CRAC.
- Every researcher working on site at GOSH requires an employment relationship with the Trust – either substantive or honorary.