Pals is a free and confidential service which helps patients, parents and carers with any information, concerns, or problems that they have about their NHS care/service.
It is recognised that sometimes the service that patients receive is not as good as it should be. The hospital values your comments whether positive or negative as they help us to improve our service.
- Pals will help and advise on any issue related to your hospital experience. We recognise that being in hospital can cause lots of difficulties and we are happy to listen and offer our support.
- Pals will liaise with the various departments in the hospital on your behalf to resolve your problems and where appropriate refer you to outside help.
- Pals is also able to provide health information on wide range of medical conditions.
Pals attempts to resolve your problems quickly. However, if you feel the need to complain about any aspect of your NHS experience, we will be happy to advise and guide you through the complaints procedure.
We promise to:
- contact you in two working days of your request
- advise you on the options available and help you to resolve your problem
- keep you regularly informed of the progress of any action you ask us to take on your behalf
- use your experiences to help improve services in the future
We welcome any suggestions that you feel would help to improve the Pals service.
The service is staffed by:
- Luke Murphy, Pals Service Manager (Three days per week)
- Kimi Dial: Pals Officer
- Robert Coates: Pals Advisor and Volunteers Supervisor
- Ajay Gosai: Child, Young People and Family Information Advisor
How to contact us
You can contact the Pals staff:
- By phone: 020 7829 7862 (direct line)
- By email: email@example.com
The PALS staff are working remotely seven days a week due to the current Coronavirus situation and are contactable on phone and email in the details above..
Watch our support services video
Watch our video to find out more information about the many support services available to patients and parents at Great Ormond Street Hospital, including the Pals service and the chaplaincy.
If you are not happy
If you are not happy with the service you receive from Pals, please contact the Head of Patient Experience and Engagement, Claire Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Claire Williams. Head of Patient Experience and Engagement
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children
Great Ormond Street