**This competition has now closed. Thank you to all who entered!**
Calling all GOSH patients and staff! Would you like to let your imagination 'take flight' and write a short story that could be published on the hospital website and in our magazine? If so, our flash fiction writing competition is for you.
As part of National Share a Story Month, and to celebrate 90 years since J.M Barrie gifted the rights of Peter Pan to the hospital, we are inviting GOSH patients and staff to use their creative writing skills and take part in our new flash fiction writing competition, which will run throughout May.
- A chance for patients to get involved in a fun and creative project during their time at hospital
- An opportunity for patients and staff alike to try out their creative writing skills
- There are prizes to be won! This includes an exclusive commemorative Peter Pan gift and your story being published on this website, across our social media channels, and printed in our hospital magazine, Roundabout
- A chance to have your work seen by a panel that includes a best-selling author
What do I need to do?
Flash fiction theme: 'Taking flight'
We'd like you to write a short story around the theme of ‘Taking Flight’ – this will be your story’s title. We've picked this title as it's inspired by the young characters in JM Barrie’s classic tale who learn to fly like Peter Pan.
We encourage all entrants to be as creative as you like in how you interpret this theme in your story.
Please submit your story once you're ready via the form below. Entries should be 500 words max.
- Try creating a story board before you start writing to work out your story beginning, middle and end
- Draft your story and have it saved somewhere before you copy it into the entry form below
Terms and conditions:
Please read the Taking flight competition terms and conditions (974.72 KB).
Good luck and happy writing!