Referring to the Fetal Cardiology Team
We accept referrals from GPs, obstetricians and midwives.
Fetal Cardiology Referral Form (260.7 KB)
To refer for a fetal cardiology assessment please download the above Fetal Cardiology Referral Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Referral forms must be legible and completed in full for the referral to be accepted. Incomplete forms will cause a delay to providing necessary care to your patient. Please tick the safeguarding box if relevant.
Reasons for fetal heart scanning
Frequent reasons for referral to our unit include:
- suspected heart abnormality
- suspected arrhythmia
- first degree relative of the fetus with congenital heart disease
- previous child with congenital heart disease
- NT greater or equal to 3.0mm
- maternal diabetes mellitus
- non-cardiac anomaly with cardiac associations
- abnormal fetal karyotype
- exposure to potential teratogen
- monochorionic twins
- maternal anti-Ro antibodies.