The Paediatric Urology team offers a comprehensive service for all aspects of Paediatric Urology between Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Trust and University College London Hospitals NHS Trust.
Miss Smeulders joined the Consultant team in August 2009. Since that time she has developed the Paediatric Urolithiasis (kidney stones) service into a cohesive multi-disciplinary team bringing together expertise from the two centres for the benefit of the child. Her other major interests are in Paediatric Uro-oncology, reconstructive urology and minimally invasive surgery. She is an active member of the multi-disciplinary teams in Urolithiasis, Oncology and DSD (Disorders of Sex Development) locally, and at national level, the soft tissue Sarcoma Advisory Group. As Honorary Senior Lecturer at UCL’s Institute of Child Health, she seeks to enable translational research in Paediatric Urology.
Degrees and Fellowships
- BA Natural Sciences (Physiology), University of Cambridge.
- MA, University of Cambridge.
- MB BChir, University of Cambridge.
- FRCS Eng, The Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- ACTION RESEARCH Fellowship
- MD, University of Cambridge.
- FRCS (Paeds), The Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- European Society for Paediatric Urology
- British Association of Paediatric Urologists
- Children’s Cancer and Leukaemia Group
- National Sarcoma Advisory Group
- British Medical Association
- Medical Defence Union
- Caius Medical Association