Mr Nav Johal joined Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) as a Consultant Paediatric Urologist in 2017. He is also an Honorary Consultant Paediatric Urologist at University College London Hospital (UCLH) and is currently Honorary Associate Professor at the Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health.
- Reconstructive urology; neuropathic bladder; exstrophy, hypospadias
- General paediatric urology; bladder dysfunction, undescended testes, penile anomalies
- Minimally invasive surgery; retroperitoneoscopy, endourology
- Prenatal counselling at UCLH; hydronephrosis, congenital bladder anomalies
Qualifications and training
His postgraduate training included posts in Cambridge, Chelsea and Westminster, Evelina and Southampton and post-CCT fellowships at in paediatric urology at GOSH and uro-oncology at The Royal Marsden Hospital (Fulham Rd).
- MB BCh University of Wales College of Medicine
- MRCS (Eng)
- The Royal College of Surgeons (England) Research Training Fellowship
- PhD University College, London
- FRCS (Paediatric Surgery)
Mr Johal completed a PhD at University College, London investigating congenital bladder anomalies such as exstrophy, posterior urethral valves and the neuropathic bladder. He continues to maintain a strong interest in surgical research at the Institute of Child Health and has contributed to over 50 articles published in peer reviewed journals and textbooks.
Secretary – Sian Kelly 0207 405 9200 (ext 5499)