Louisa graduated from Manchester University in 2000 with a BSc (Hons) degree in Physiotherapy. Post graduation Louisa worked at Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester for three years before moving to New Zealand. It was here, while working at Starship Hospital in Auckland for four years, that her interest in paediatric cystic fibrosis developed.
After returning to the UK in 2007, Louisa has been fortunate to work as part of the cystic fibrosis team at GOSH. It is here that she has had the opportunity to present at both national and international conferences.
Louisa's particular areas of interest include airway clearance, optimising nebulisation therapy, exercise, and the use of non invasive ventilation in cystic fibrosis.
BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy.
Membership of professional bodies
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Cystic Fibrosis
- Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Respiratory Care
- Health Professions Council
- exercise training and testing for children with cystic fibrosis
- the use of non-invasive ventilation in cystic fibrosis
- effective administration of mucolytics
- An investigation into the effects of high frequency chest wall oscillation in children with cystic fibrosis.
- Airway clearance device infection control measures.
- Frequent Flyer Programme (intensive physiotherapy and nutritional support to children who require frequent hospital admissions).