Juan Pablo Kaski MD(Res)
He has been working in the field of inherited cardiovascular disease since 2004, and was appointed to his current post in November 2012. His research interests are focused on the clinical and genetic characterisation of inherited cardiac disease and sudden death syndromes in childhood. He won the Young Investigator Award for Clinical Science from the European Society of Cardiology in 2008 for his work on the genetic basis of pre-adolescent hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
Paediatric Inherited Cardiac Conditions, including:
- inherited arrhythmia syndromes
- aortopathy syndromes
- rare cardiovascular genetic diseases
- BSc (University College London, UCL)
- MBBS (UCL)
- MD(Res) – Clinical and genetic characterisation of pre-adolescent hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (UCL)
Clinical and genetic characterisation of paediatric inherited cardiovascular disease, including:
- Heart muscle disease (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, dilated cardiomyopathy, arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathy).
- Ion channel disease (Long QT syndrome, Brugada syndrome, catecholaminergic polymorphic VT).
- Sudden cardiac death.
- Marfan syndrome and other aortopathies.
- Cardiovascular manifestations of rare genetic and metabolic disease.