Dr Despina Eleftheriou is an Expert in Paediatric and Adolescent Rheumatology.
She has worked at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) since 2006 and runs clinics for vasculitis, arthritis and scleroderma patients.
- systemic vasculitis
- cerebrovascular inflammation
- juvenile idiopathic arthritis, myositis and lupus in adolescents
Dr Eleftheriou has a programme of research that includes:
- Discovery and development of biomarkers of vasculitis disease activity.
- Discovery of novel molecular events leading to thrombosis in the context of inflammatory vasculitis and childhood stroke.
- Novel mechanisms of vasculitis pathogenesis mediated by anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies.
- Tracking of endothelial injury in juvenile dermatomositis in children and adolescents.