He specialises in paediatric neuro-oncology (tumours of the brain and spine) and the development of new anti-cancer drugs for children and adolescents. He trained in the UK and Canada and is a member of both national and international groups in the fields of paediatric neuro-oncology and drug development. He has been the Chair of the European SIOPE High Grade Glioma working group. He is a Chief Investigator of several completed, on-going and planned clinical trials in paediatric cancer.
Early in my oncology career I was inspired to work with children with brain tumours and to develop better treatments and improve outcomes by understanding the biology of the tumours.
Dr Darren Hargrave
- neuro-oncology (brain tumours)
- experimental therapies for childhood cancer
- neurofibromatosis-related tumours
- MB.ChB (Hons), MD, MRCP, FRCPCH.
- Trained in GOSH, the Royal Marsden Hospital and the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto.
- Research degree with the Cancer Genome Project, Sanger Centre and Institute of Cancer Research.
His research interests include: the biology of childhood brain tumours, the use of innovative imaging techniques in childhood cancer and drug development of targeted therapies in childhood and adolescent oncology. He has published over 60 papers in peer reviewed journals and book chapters.
0207 405 9200 ext 8832