Alex graduated from Manchester University in 2001 and has worked in a number of children’s hospitals, including the Royal London Hospital and Children’s Hospital for Wales, Cardiff.
She has recently taken up an exciting new post as the principal Speech and Language Therapist for cardiothoracic services at Great Ormond Street Hospital. She has been working with the tracheal team since 2007.
Alex specialises in children’s feeding and swallowing difficulties (dysphagia). She has a special interest in children with tracheal abnormalities and children born with heart disease.
Qualifications and training
- BSc (Hons) Speech Pathology and Therapy
- MRes in Clinical Practice (anticipated completion 2013)
- Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
- Health Professions Council
- outcome measurement
- swallow function and tracheal disease