Our team aims to create the right conditions and opportunities for staff to thrive and push the boundaries of their resuscitation skills within their scope of practice.
We are a dynamic first choice provider of child centric resuscitation skills for all paediatric practitioners, who want to excel within an organisation that is driven by change and quality.
All of our training is delivered in accordance with the Resuscitation Council (RCUK) guidelines 2021.
Resuscitation Services at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust are responsible for providing an effective resuscitation service to our patients and training at an appropriate level and frequency for staff.
The team deliver a programme of high-quality resuscitation training on an annual basis to the following staff groups;
- Healthcare Support Workers
- Nursing staff
- Medical Staff
- Allied Health professionals
Training is provided to a level of proficiency according to each individual’s expected role within a clinical emergency.
In addition, we are a course centre for the following advanced paediatric life support courses;
- European Paediatric Advanced Life Support (EPALS) affiliated with the Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS) affiliated with the Advanced Life Support Group (ALSG)
- These courses are attended by senior nursing staff and doctors from across the Trust as well as external candidates both nationally and internationally.
These courses are attended by senior nursing staff and doctors from across the Trust as well as external candidates both nationally and internationally.
GOSH Resuscitation Services play an important role clinically.
Key responsibilities include;
- To ensure adherence to national resuscitation guidelines and standards
- To define and the role and composition of the Clinical Emergency Team (CET) and as part of the team to all clinical emergencies.
- To determine the appropriate resuscitation equipment and medications for clinical use and advise on their availability
- To write, review and disseminate policies relating to resuscitation issues
- To review audit data from clinical emergency events and patient outcomes
- To act as expert advisor to investigations of critical incidents regarding resuscitation practices
- To advise and support projects relating to Resuscitation and the Deteriorating Patient
- To collaborate in international clinical research regarding child-centric resuscitation.