Falcon Outpatients opened on 21st October 2019 and it is located in the Zayed Centre for Research building.
Specialties holding clinics in the Zayed Centre for Research include: Respiratory, Immunology, Cardiology, Inherited Cardiology, Paediatric Genetics, Dermatology, Infectious Diseases, General Surgery, Endocrine and Rheumatology.
Falcon has two levels. On the ground floor there are 9 consulting rooms, including a lung function and negative pressure room. On the first floor there are 13 consulting rooms, 5 echocardiogram (echo) rooms and 2 electrocardiogram (ECG) rooms. The first floor also has a sensory room, which provides a restful environment to reduce sensory overload.
Zayed Centre for Research
20 Guilford Street
Who you will meet
On arrival at Falcon Outpatients, you will be welcomed by our reception team. You will also have the opportunity to check-in for an appointment using our self-check-in kiosks.
Falcon is run by our experienced clinic staff, comprising of Clinic Assistants, Health Care Assistants, Phlebotomists, Staff Nurses, Senior Staff Nurses and a Sister. Clinicians running the specialty clinics may include Consultants, Fellows, Registrars, Nurses, Clinical Nurse Specialists and Physiotherapists.
If you have any queries regarding your appointment please call 020 7829 8880. The following members of staff will be available on the below extension numbers to help you during your visit:
- Falcon reception team: ext. 7012 or ext. 5498.
- Helena Willans (Sister): ext. 38020
- Anne Nicholls (Assistant Service Manager): ext. 1598
- Chantelle Clavier (Matron): ext. 1768
- Elena Gelsthorpe-Hill (Service Manager): ext. 8423 or 07718 130653
Specialties holding clinics in the Zayed Centre for Research include Respiratory, Immunology, Cardiology, Inherited Cardiology, Paediatric Genetics, Dermatology, Infectious Diseases, General Surgery, Endocrine and Rheumatology.
Outpatients is open Monday to Friday, 10 hours per day, 5 days per week. Visitors are welcome from 08.30 until 18.30. We do our best to protect the privacy and dignity of our patients at all times.
Here is some information to help you during your appointment:
- All patients are entitled to have a chaperone present for any consultation, examination or procedure. If you would like one please inform your doctor or nurse who will be happy to arrange this.
- Young people may request to see their medical team without supervision. Please inform a nurse or receptionist if you would like this to be arranged.
- If your child has a learning disability and needs reasonable adjustments during their clinic appointment, please let one of the clinic staff or receptionists know.
- Self-check-in kiosks.
- Volunteer presence to assist visitors.
- Breastfeeding room and bottle warm facilities.
- Baby changing facilities and toilet facilities.
- Water fountains.
- Interactive entertainment.
- Sensory room, which provides a restful environment for patients.
- Interview rooms, which provide a quiet waiting space or space for confidential conversations.
- The Lagoon restaurant (on the main Great Ormond Street Hospital site) where you can have a drink and/or meal and browse the hospital shop. There is a designated Disney Reef play space for children to have food or watch a film.
- Patient Advice and Liaison Service (on the main Great Ormond Street Hospital site)
- Chapel and prayer rooms, located on the main Great Ormond Street Hospital site.
- Due to potential allergic reactions, latex balloons are not allowed in Outpatients.
- If you have a hot drink please ensure you request a lid to prevent spillages.
- Please take care of your children to prevent any slips, trips or falls.
If you and/or your child have had recent contact with chickenpox or measles, or has chickenpox, measles, shingles, diarrhoea and vomiting, then please telephone your GP or Practice Nurse who will tell you whether to keep your appointment. We may need to reschedule your appointment to a different time.
Siblings and young family members are welcome in Outpatients. They must be supervised by an adult at all times.