Applying to use the facility

Find out how you can use the National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) Clinical Research Facility (Clinical Research Facility).

The CRF is available to:

  • Researchers from Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust and UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health (GOS ICH).
  • Academic or commercial investigators collaborating with a Principal Investigator from Great Ormond Street Hospital or GOS ICH.

How do I apply to use the facility?

You should initially contact the Head of Clinical Research Operations at the earliest opportunity, for example as soon as you have been approached by a commercial company or when you are preparing a grant application.

The CRF Team will help you to establish whether your study can be undertaken within the CRF or whether it would be better facilitated by the CRF’s satellite service. Input at this stage may also help with the development of your protocol or grant application.

The team will also work closely with the R&D office to assist in identifying any costs associated with use of the facility, helping you to ensure these are included in the research grants you may be applying for.