Referrals are accepted from:
- Tier 3 CAMHS professionals (including consultant psychiatrists, clinical psychologists and mental health professionals)
- Consultant paediatricians in hospital and community settings
Inclusion Criteria for children and young people:
- Aged from 4 -17 years.
- Under the care of a local Tier 3 CAMHS team or developmental paediatric services or community paediatric services.
- Formally assessed for ASD and where diagnostic clarification/second opinion is required.
- The local clinical team will be required to hold care coordination responsibilities.
- Children with moderate to severe learning disabilities (these children are seen by the GOSH neurodisability team).
- Where there has been no previous assessment of ASD.
- Presence of an acute psychiatric disorder or difficulty requiring urgent assessment or treatment (e.g. acute anxiety, psychosis, or current self-harm and suicidal ideation), unless under CAMHS for risk management and/or undergoing medical treatment.
Referrals should include:
- The clinical questions to be addressed (including information regarding current concerns and difficulties experienced).
- Summary of developmental and recent history.
- Copies of previous diagnostic assessments, diagnostic and community therapy reports.
Providing the above information will help referrals to be processed in a timely fashion. Failure to provide the evidence above will delay the referral or we may be unable to accept the referral at this time..