Saturday 26 October 2019
UCL Great Ormond Street Institute for Child Health, 30 Guilford Street, London, WC1N 1EH
Take part in fun hands on activities, meet our friendly researchers and discover how medical research at the NIHR Great Ormond Street Hospital Biomedical Research Centre is helping find treatments and cures for complex childhood conditions.
Please note that the event is currently fully booked. If tickets are cancelled more places may become available so please check back soon. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries.
- Taste test chocolates in a mock clinical trial (back by popular demand!)
- Discover how 3D printing and virtual reality are used to build models of hearts to help doctors and patients prepare for surgery.
- Sign up to a treasure hunt to discover the work of our scientists.
- Build a DNA sequence using Lego bricks.
- Try on a special “clean room” suit and move cells around
- Go on a behind the scenes tour of our labs and learn how blood and pee is tested
- Learn how pharmacy makes your medicine
- Play with fake blood and learn how scientists can turn blood cells into special cancer fighting cells
- Learn how scientists detect small molecules by playing a guess the weight game.
- Build a model of a kidney and learn how your kidneys filter out waste
- Learn about careers in science and medicine from our friendly researchers, pharmacists and scientists.
- Take a quiz to learn what science career would suit you.