Young people ask their COVID-19 questions to our CEO Mat Shaw
1 May 2020, 4:56 p.m.
Grace, who’s the chair of the GOSH Young People's Forum, has a virtual sit down with our CEO Mat Shaw to get his answers on some of the pressing questions that GOSH patients and siblings would like answered around coronavirus (COVID-19)
It’s really great to know how GOSH are supporting their patients and their families, but also other hospitals and around London too." -- Grace
With the uncertainties around COVID-19, it’s important that questions from children and young people are answered and their worries and concerns addressed. In their 10-minute chat, Grace and Mat go through a series of insightful questions submitted by young people from across GOSH that touch on the following topics:
- What children and young people can expect coming to GOSH at this time
- Coronavirus and how it affects children
- COVID-19 research at GOSH, in collaboration with scientists at the UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health (ICH) and the Zayed Centre for Research into Rare Disease in Children
- What COVID-19 means for young people transitioning to another hospital
- How GOSH staff are being supported and thanked
Have a listen to their discussion:
Saying farewell to our Frontage Building
Last night, we gave a heartwarming farewell to our iconic main entrance at Great Ormond Street Hospital and the Frontage Building.
Chief Executive Mat Shaw to take up additional role
The Chief Executive of Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH), Mat Shaw, has become Whittington Health NHS Trust’s Interim Accountable Officer. This role is in addition to his role at GOSH.
GOSH poem celebrates 75 years of the NHS
GOSH staff have shared how much working in the NHS means to them in a new poem to mark the 75-year anniversary of the service.
GOSH patients take part in organ donation campaign
GOSH patients are taking part in a campaign to raise awareness about paediatric organ donation.