Young people ask their COVID-19 questions to our CEO Mat Shaw
1 May 2020, 4:56 p.m.
Grace, who’s the chair of the GOSH Young People's Forum, has a virtual sit down with our CEO Mat Shaw to get his answers on some of the pressing questions that GOSH patients and siblings would like answered around coronavirus (COVID-19)
It’s really great to know how GOSH are supporting their patients and their families, but also other hospitals and around London too." -- Grace
With the uncertainties around COVID-19, it’s important that questions from children and young people are answered and their worries and concerns addressed. In their 10-minute chat, Grace and Mat go through a series of insightful questions submitted by young people from across GOSH that touch on the following topics:
- What children and young people can expect coming to GOSH at this time
- Coronavirus and how it affects children
- COVID-19 research at GOSH, in collaboration with scientists at the UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health (ICH) and the Zayed Centre for Research into Rare Disease in Children
- What COVID-19 means for young people transitioning to another hospital
- How GOSH staff are being supported and thanked
Have a listen to their discussion:
You can find more information about what COVID-19 might mean for you and your family in our general FAQs at www.gosh.nhs.uk/covid-19-FAQ. We’re also sharing the latest news, information and families resources in our COVID-19 information hub at www.gosh.nhs.uk/covid-19.
Support for our Children’s Cancer Centre
Learn more about our fantastic plans for a new facility at Great Ormond Street Hospital, dedicated to the treatment of children with cancer.
Stunning images showcase life-changing research at GOSH
A captivating 3D image that is helping researchers to uncover the secrets of childhood cancers is crowned the winner of our 2022/23 image competition ‘A moment of discovery’.