- You got it – fruit! Tinned, dried or fresh – take your pick!
- A couple of low fat cheese triangles with oatcakes.
- A pot of low fat yoghurt or fromage frais.
- A small fruit flapjack or muesli bar.
- Crunchy vegetable sticks like peppers with hummus.
- Wholemeal pitta with peanut butter or low fat cheese spread.
- A small bag of mixed nuts and raisins.
- Chocolate milk made with semi skimmed milk.
It’s a good idea to have a healthy mid-afternoon snack as well. This could be:
- Apple slices dipped in yoghurt or peanut butter.
- A small pot of dessert mousse.
- A small bag of unsalted nuts.
- A handful of sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
This should stop you reaching for the junk food on your
way home. See if you can get whoever does the shopping to always have
healthy snacks in the kitchen cupboard. It’s so much easier to be healthy when the right stuff is at the ready!