Coming to Great Ormond Street Hospital and unsure on what to pack? Here's a handy list of essentials to bring.
Space is quite limited in some of our wards so please bring only the essentials – have a look at the packing list below and perhaps pack a bag with your child so they feel involved and can pick a favourite toy, game or book to bring with them.
We would also like to ask you to leave valuables at home as we cannot accept responsibility for the loss of or damage to your belongings at GOSH.
Please bring the following in a small bag or suitcase:
- All the medicines your child is taking
- Any specialist equipment your child uses every day
- Your Child Health Record (red book) or any equivalent document such as a Shared Care Record or Hospital Passport
- Clean sleep wear, dressing gown or fleece top
- Day and night clothes - even if your child is coming as a day patient, it is wise to bring a change of clothes just in case.
- Toothbrush, toothpaste and other wash things - again just in case for day patients.
- Enough nappies or pads for your child’s stay
- Any ready-made special feed in an unopened container
- Any bottles, teats or drinking beakers your child prefers
- A favourite toy or comforter – please label it with your child’s name