He has previously worked at two other UK tertiary respiratory centres (Royal Brompton Hospital, Royal London Hospital) and an Australian centre (Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia).
"The biggest challenge is to improve the lives and health of some of the most vulnerable children in our society."
Dr Ranjan Suri
Qualifications and training
MBChB, FRCPCH, MD
Membership of professional bodies
Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
British Thoracic Society
British Paediatric Respiratory Society
European Respiratory Society
British Medical Association
- Al-Malky G, Dawson SJ, Sirimanna T, Bagkeris E, Suri R. High-frequency audiometry reveals high prevalence of aminoglycoside ototoxicity in children with cystic fibrosis. J Cyst Fibros 2015;14(2):248-54.
- Suri R. Exhaled nitric oxide measurement in Pediatric Asthma: Pulmonologist’s Perspective. Indian Pediatr 2014; 51:101-102.
- Al-Malky G, Suri R, Sirimanna T, Dawson SJ .Normal hearing in a child with the m.1555A>G mutation despite repeated exposure to aminoglycosides. Has the penetrance of this pharmacogenetic interaction been overestimated? Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 2014;78(6):969-73.
- Bossley C, Suri R. An update on Paediatric Severe Asthma. Current Allergy & Clinical Immunology 2013; 26 (3):114-120.
- Shah N, Tan HL, Sebire N, Suri R, Leuven K. The role of endoscopy and biopsy in the management of severe gastrointestinal disease in cystic fibrosis patients. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2013;48:1181-1189.
- Williams JE, Wilson CM, Biassoni L, Suri R, Fewtrell MS. Dual energy x-ray absorptiometry and quantitative ultrasound are not interchangeable in diagnosing abnormal bones. Arch Dis Child. 2012;97:822-824.
- Suri R, Narang I. Reflux and aspiration. In: Bush A, Davies J, editors. Paediatric Respiratory Disease – Parenchymal Diseases: Atlas of Investigation and Management. Oxford: Martin Book Services Ltd; 2011, p.81-90.