- London Southbank University
- City University
- King's College London
- Kingston University
- University of Surrey
- University of Hertfordshire
Elective placements for students
Children’s nursing students at other universities can still undertake an elective placement at GOSH. These elective placements are offered throughout the year for a two to four-week period. Places are limited and availability depends on the demand from our partner universities, as our hosted students take priority. For more information please email Benjamin.Low@gosh.nhs.uk.
Applications will be reviewed for placements within the below timeframes only:
- 26th March 2018 – 22nd April 2018 (Last applications: 5th February 2018)
- 6th August 2018 – 26th August 2018 (Last applications:15th April 2018)
There is a committed team of Nurse Mentors across the wards to ensure that pre-registration nurses are supported whilst in practice. At GOSH we also have a dedicated Student Practice Facilitator team to provide additional support to pre-registration students.
Nurses from overseas
- Nursing registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Work permit
- Undertake an International English Language Test (IELTS)
- Complete an Overseas Nursing Programme when you arrive
Nursing and HCA Bank
- Flexible shifts to suit you
- Ward orientation
- Internal training
- NHS pension
- Online booking and timesheet system
- Competitive rates of pay
- Priority over agency workers
- Pleasant working environment
Nursing and Healthcare Support Workers apprenticeships
At GOSH we are focused on improving the education, training and development opportunities available to all current, potential and future staff.
We are currently piloting the Nursing Associate Programme in collaboration with Health Education England, to provide opportunities for health support workers to develop and progress on the job.
The GOSH Clinical Apprentice Programme will launch officially in early 2018. For more information please contact Nursing.Jobs@gosh.nhs.uk