The school's vision
We aim to provide an enriching and enjoyable experience for all our pupils which ensures normality through education, and helps to prevent anxiety about school work.
Who we are
The Children's Hospital School at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) and University College Hospital (UCH) teaches inpatients of statutory school age. Teaching is carried out in a variety of locations including at the bedside and in the main schoolroom area.
A word from the Headteacher
At the school, we plan alongside schools all over the country to ensure continuity and enjoyment for each individual pupil. In addition to this, our own school room curriculum will inspire pupils in each key stage with a variety of exciting projects every term. Whether you are a pupil, parent, colleague, nurse, doctor or visitor; our website has plenty for you to discover and we hope it helps you in whatever way you need."
Jayne Franklin, Headteacher
What are the aims of the school?
The Children’s Hospital School seeks to minimise the interruption and disruption to children and young people’s education so that academic progress and an interest in learning will continue, as far as medical circumstances permit.
In order to fulfil this we aim to:
- Provide personalised, challenging, enjoyable and innovative learning opportunities
- Make learning an integral part of children and young people’s stay in hospital
- Foster the values of friendship and determination
- Prepare and empower pupils in the present and for the future
- Support, nurture and value families and carers