Feeling hungry? We provide a wide range of food and drink choices, both in the Lagoon restaurant and on the ward, that reflect the different needs of our children, young people and families. This range includes vegan and vegetarian options as well as food choices to reflect religious and cultural differences.
What food is available?
Breakfast, lunch and dinner is served seven days a week both in the Lagoon restaurant and on the ward.
For lunch and dinner you can choose from a range of options, including:
- Main meals (including a choice of vegetables, potatoes and rice)
- Halal and vegetarian meals
- Lighter snacks (like salads and sandwiches)
- Freshly-made puddings (like yogurts, ice creams and fresh fruits)
How do I order food on the ward?
Just speak to a member of the ward team to let them know your menu choices.
Our menu options change slightly week on week. Here is an example of one of our current weekly menus: GOSH menu example (521.17 KB)
Halal, Kosher and Vegan options are available.
For further information on specific dietary queries, please contact your clinical team on the relevant ward.
Lagoon restaurant opening times
Monday to Friday
- Breakfast 8am to 11.30 am
- Lunch from 12.00 to 3.00pm
- Evening meal 4.00pm to 7.00pm
- Breakfast 8.00am to 11.30am
- Lunch 12.00 to 4.00pm
- Evening closed
- Monday to Friday 07.30m to 7.30pm
- Weekends Closed
For further information on the menu choices and general food enquiries, please contact the catering administrator Monday to Friday on 0207 405 9200 ext: 5313
Any inpatient who is allergic to any food must be referred to the ward dietician. Meals, snacks and any special formulas for patients with food alergies will be prepared in the Diet Kitchen and Special Feeds Unit and then sent to the ward.