Management of chest drains in Children
A multi-professional training course covering all aspects of caring for a child or young person requiring a chest drain including insertion, management and removal.
Delivered by our cardiothoracic department and led by Mr Nagarajan Muthialu, Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon.
Specific learning objectives:
- To understand the physiology of Chest drain
- To understand the indications for Chest drain insertion.
- To interpret pneumothorax and pleural effusion in Chest X rays.
- Learning techniques of Chest drain insertion and safe removal.
- To recognize and manage chest drains and associated complications.
Teaching & assessment methods:
The course includes lectures and demonstration of correct drain insertion, management, and removal of chest drains.
Once you have attended the course you will need to complete the post-course materials - post-course quiz and evaluation - in order to receive your certificate.
Who should apply: All-level doctors, cardiothoracic surgery, radiology, ICU and ward nurses and nurse practitioners, anyone managing a chest drain.
How to sign up
August 18th 2023
For all enquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org