Introduction to Simulation Debriefing
A one-day course facilitated by the Clinical Simulation Centre (CSC) Leads — this course gives an introduction to the skills of facilitation as a valuable addition to the traditional skills of direct instruction or summation (feedback).
We advocate a blended approach to this fundamental skill. The iGUIDE tool has been developed to enable effective debriefing, allowing exploration of complex issues while ensuring identified gaps in clinical knowledge are addressed.
- Why simulation?
- Crisis Resource Management
- Educational theories underpinning simulation
- The iGUIDE debriefing tool
- Advocacy/Inquiry workshops
- Introductions to the difficult or challenging Debrief (advanced Toolbox) and its applications