Driving to the hospital
- We strongly encourage patients to travel to the hospital using public transport or by walking where possible. Driving in London can be very stressful and parking spaces are hard to come by.
- You will have to pay a charge to drive within the central London Congestion Charging zone between 7am and 6pm on weekdays (excluding bank and public holidays).
- There is no official drop-off and pick-up area at the hospital. Great Ormond Street is a Clean Air Zone. This means that drivers should not leave their engines running for longer than one minute while waiting outside the hospital.
Please note: Parking availability update: Construction works at the hospital from July 2015 to early 2018 will limit parking availability on the roads surrounding the hospital particularly Guilford Street. Families who usually use our permit system to park here may not be able to find a parking space. We encourage you to use public transport but if this is not possible please use local car parks.
- GOSH has no dedicated parking for families. Parking on the streets is generally on a ‘pay and display’ basis on the street or in car parks, and can be very expensive.
- If you have a blue (disabled) badge, you can park in the immediate area of the hospital in resident parking bays and ‘pay and display’ zones without a time limit. You can also park on a single yellow line but only for three hours. However, please note parking spaces can be hard to come by.