Raise a concern

Many concerns are caused by a misunderstanding or poor communication, so we may be able to sort things out quickly and informally without you having to make an official complaint.

In the first instance, we suggest that you talk to your child’s doctor, nurse or the person in charge of the ward or department. They will listen to your concerns and see what they can do to address them.

If you would rather talk to someone more independent and confidential, you can visit the Pals Office in the main reception area. They will listen to your concerns, talk to the staff involved and try to improve the situation. You can also telephone them on 020 7829 7862 or email pals@gosh.nhs.uk

You can also raise concerns about any health or social care organisation with the Care Quality Commission (CQC).

The CQC is the independent regulator for all health and social care services in the UK. Their job is to make sure that the care given in hospitals and other health or social care services meets government standards for quality and safety.

You can raise a concern through their website by searching for the organisation and then completing an online form. You can also call the CQC National Customer Service Centre on 03000 616161. More information is available on their website at www.cqc.org.uk/public