GOSH BRC Novel Therapies Project Adoption Call
CLOSED: The GOSH BRC Novel Therapies theme is running its regular call for Project Adoption based on its core resources & infrastructure.
Internal GOSH and ICH applicants only.
Successful applicants can be found at GOSH BRC Novel Therapies Project Adoption Call awards.
The GOSH BRC Novel Therapies theme is running its regular call for Project Adoption based on its core resources & infrastructure. It will hold several calls and reviews per year with this been the fourth of the 5 year BRC cycle. Applications will be internally shortlisted by the Novel Therapies theme. Specific areas of clinical research supported by the Theme core infrastructure are the following:
- Research coordinators (RCs) *
- Health Care Assistants/Assistant Research Practitioners * (for collecting biosamples)
- Mass spectrometry (pilot studies and training for staff)
- Lab Consumables
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (pilot studies)
- AAV Facility (UCL School of Pharmacy) (for AAV in-house therapeutic developments and training for staff)
- Some limited funds will be made available for consumables
* There is a maximum limit on the time you can request from RCs or HCAs/ARPs who are already in post – 4 hours a week.
Applicants can request a maximum of £5,000 per application which will need to be fully spent by 20th November 2022. The call is open to all active researchers within GOSH and ICH. You do not need to have had prior links with the BRC to be eligible to apply. No animal research is supported.
Two Research Coordinators have been appointed to assist with the set up and delivery of studies. Research Coordinators can provide support with:
- Review regulatory admissions and assist in the preparation of study documents
- Feasibility assessment for project and applications
- Sign posting to additional services, facilities and expertise within GOSH
- Coordinating study visits, liaising with specialties across GOSH
- Management of site files
We strongly encourage applicants to speak to the following individuals before applying to ensure their projects are feasible.
- Marta Zancolli (firstname.lastname@example.org) (for Research Coordinators/HCAs or ARPs)
- Wendy Heywood (email@example.com) (Mass Spec)
- Giulia Massaro (firstname.lastname@example.org) (AAV Facility)
- Chris Clark ( email@example.com) (MRI facility)
Please complete the NIHR GOSH BRC NT Project Adoption Application Form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
Please also complete the R&D registration form and submit to email@example.com in sufficient time before the deadline.
30 November 2021 - application process opens
5 January 2022 - application deadline
Mid January 2022 - Novel Therapies theme shortlisting and review process
End of January 2022 - applicants informed of decision
For any queries, please contact Marta Zancolli – firstname.lastname@example.org