Theme lead: Professor Chris O’Callaghan
Contact: Innovation and Business Manager (Dr David Chapman-Jones). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the meantime.
Our aim is to ensure research is translated rapidly into direct benefits for children at GOSH and worldwide. The GOSH BRC has an extensive track record of clinical impact through translational innovation as evidenced by growth in its pipeline of translational projects and allied commercial support. We work with partners to expedite this process and provide support in intellectual property protection, trial design, “match making” with industry partners and the execution of licencing agreements. We plan to significantly increase the scale and ambition of our research translation and enterprise through accelerating such partnerships.
In the 2017-2022 funding term we aim to:
- foster, support and increase intellectual property awareness through our recently established Translational Research Acceleration Coordination Committee chaired by the BRC Director
- obtain funding from public and private sources for early exploratory research
- showcase our research for industry and investors to attract early pathway support and provide opportunities for new partnerships
- increase our patent and licencing activity
- support the formation of spin-out companies