Sean graduated from Trinity College Dublin with a BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy in 2009, following which he completed an MSc Advanced Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy at University College London (UCL) in 2010.
Between August 2010 and April 2012 Sean led the Frequent Flyer Programme, and since May 2012 he has been the Co-Lead Investigator on INSPIRE-CF. The study is a three-year randomised controlled trial investigating the long-term effects of exercise on lung function, exercise capacity and quality of life in children with CF, with results to be published in 2016.
He is a Guest Lecturer on the MSc programmes in Advanced Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy and Advanced Paediatric Physiotherapy at UCL.
Qualifications and training
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- MSc Advanced Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy
Memberships of professional bodies
- Health Professions Council
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Exercise testing, prescription and training in children with cardiorespiratory disease.
- Quality improvement and alternative models of health care.
- e-Technology in physiotherapy.
- The Frequent Flyer Programme: a quality improvement initiative focused on intensive outpatient physiotherapy, exercise and dietetic support.
- INSPIRE-CF: a randomised controlled trial investigating the clinical and economic benefits of an alternative model of physiotherapy care for children with CF.