For the remainder of his time he works as a Wellcome Trust Clinician Scientist based at the UCL Institute of Child Health (ICH) Centre for Rheumatology. He carries out research into the causes of childhood arthritis and juvenile dermatomyositis, a rare cause of muscle inflammation in children.
I am privileged to work with Great Ormond Street Hospital medical and therapy teams and also the excellent research scientists at the ICH. These two teams work together to make GOSH the special hospital it is, and have played a major role in improving the health care of children with arthritis and muscle diseases throughout the UK.
Dr Kiran Nistala
- clinical trials of biologic agents in juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- juvenile dermatomyositis
- immunopathology of the adaptive immune system
- MBBS (Hons) BA MSc MRCP PhD.
- CCT in General Paediatrics and Paediatric Rheumatology.
- Member of Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, British Society of Paediatrics and Adolescent Rheumatology (BSPAR) and British Society for Immunology.
- regulatory B cell biology
- TH17 in juvenile idiopathic arthritis
Rheumatology secretary: 020 7405 9200 ext. 7887.