Juliet has worked at Great Ormond Street Hospital since May 2008. She works with children with neurological disorders who have complex eating, drinking and swallowing difficulties (Dysphagia). She has 16 years of experience working in this field.
A large part of her role is to advise and liaise with Speech and language Therapists treating children in the community with complex neurological dysphagia. She is also actively involved in training and research within this clinical specialism.
- Complex Paediatric Neurological Dysphagia
- Dysphagia in Paediatric Neuromuscular Disorders
Qualifications and training
- MMed Sci in Clinical Communication Studies. University of Sheffield 1997.
- BA (Hons ) Nursing Studies. Sheffield Hallam University 1991.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member of the Health and Care Professions Council
- Member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
Publications: Vijaykumar K et al. (2012) Experience of using electromyography of the genioglossus in the investigation of paediatric dysphagia. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology 2012, 54: 1127–1132