She is joint lead of the Developmental Vision Service and the Autism assessment service (Neurodevelopmental Assessment Clinic). She was head of the Neurodisability Service from 2006 to 2013.
“I am privileged to work with an expert and highly dedicated multidisciplinary team and the children and families who come to our service for assessment. They are the inspiration that leads us to strive to continually improve and ensure we provide the highest possible quality service. Central to this is strong communication with families and the local teams working with them.”
Dr Salt has specialist expertise in the management of children with visual disorders, functional vision assessment and assessing the development of children with visual impairment. She also has expertise in assessment and diagnosis of children with complex neurodevelopmental disorders especially those with autistic spectrum disorders, including in children with visual impairment.
- MBBS (University of Western Australia)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (FRCPCH)
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP)
- MSc (Community Paediatrics, University of London)
Membership of professional bodies
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH)
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- British Academy of Childhood Disability (member of the Research committee)
- European Academy of Childhood Disability
- British Paediatric Neurology Association
- Co-investigator: OPTIMUM study: Investigating early development and support in babies and young children with visual impairment. Aim: to learn about how babies and young children with visual loss develop and what interventions are the most effective in helping with their early development.
- Jointly led the design and development of ‘the Developmental Journal for children with visual impairment 0-36 months’ with Dr Naomi Dale (DfES). (2002-06).
- The quality of life of visually impaired children– development of a novel vision-related quality of life instrument. Guide Dogs for the Blind Association (2007-09)
- Development of outcome measures for multinational trials using parent-report methods in two perinatal trials including MRC ORACLE Children Study. (2002-09) and INIS (2001-08) MRC.
- An Investigation into the role of Growth Hormone on Higher Functioning in Children. Child Growth Foundation (2007-09)
- Development of norms for logMAR visual acuity in young children with Patrcia Sonksen.
Developmental Vision clinic secretary: ext 1142
Neurodevelopmental Assessment Clinic: ext 1143