Dr Muthana Al Obaidi is a Consultant in Paediatric and Adolescent Rheumatology at Great Ormond Street Hospital. He is the Rheumatology Department Educational Lead and Clinical Network and Out-reach Service Lead.
He is also the Secretary of The British Society for Paediatric and Adolescent Rheumatology (2014 -2017).
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis in Children and young people.
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in Children and young people.
- Juvenile Dermatomyositis.
- Inflammatory and non-inflammatory musculoskeletal pain.
- Developing clinical network with the shared care units.
Qualifications and training
- MBChB, MRCPCH
- Paediatric Training Programme: North Thames/ London
- Paediatric Rheumatology training at Great Ormond Street Hospital
Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis: integrating research and academic work into day to day practice. PI of Sarilumab (Anti IL6) ascending dose finding in Poly JIA and Systemic JIA trials (two studies) and the CO PI of the JIA website trial.
Currently working on VZV antibody status in patients on biologics.
Previous research roles:
- Co Investigator for the SYCAMORE trial-.RCT to establish the clinical effectiveness, safety and cost effectiveness of Adalimumab in combination with methotrexate for the treatment of JIA associated uveitis.
- Co Investigator for the JSLE cohort study.
- Co Investigator for the BCRD: Extended Biologics.
- Co Investigator for the BSPAR Etanercept cohort study.
- Co Investigator for the BILAG Biologics study.