Claiming travel expenses

There are two forms of reimbursement, one to claim for public transport expenses and the other to claim for the London Congestion Charge, if you have travelled to Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) by car.

Claiming for public transport

If you receive certain benefits, you can claim travel expenses for public transport for admission, discharge and outpatient appointments for the patient and one adult. You will need to show recent proof of receiving benefits and your tickets at the Transport Office when you claim, which must be within three months of your child’s appointment or admission.

If you want to know more about fare reimbursement, please contact the Transport Office on 020 7813 8152.

Claiming for Congestion Charge

The hospital can reimburse your Congestion Charge if your child is eligible. We are only allowed to reimburse you if your child has a weakened immune system, needs regular assessment or treatment or repeated operations and has been clinically assessed as too ill, too weak or too disabled to use public transport.

If you are eligible for reimbursement, please bring your receipt and car registration along with details of when you travelled to the main reception desk. Please note that we need a printed receipt for reimbursement to ensure that the hospital is in turn reimbursed by Transport for London.