Most hospital teachers have worked in ordinary schools. Hospital teachers help patients carry on with their education.
A hospital teacher will:
- Keep in touch with the patient's school. With the child's say-so they let the school know what's happening.
- Have work from school sent home or to the hospital.
- Help with schoolwork while the patient is in hospital. This is most likely to be work from school. But there is also plenty of other work in the hospital anyway!
- Help to set up home tuition.
- Sort out extra time for a patient in exams.