- Paediatricians (work with children and adolescents)
- Surgeons (perform operations)
- Psychiatrists (work in mental health)
- Anaesthetists (put people to sleep safely before operations)
- Neurologists (deal in problems involving the brain and nerves)
- Oncologists (work with people who have cancer)
- Rheumatologists (deal with joint and limb problems)
- Radiologists (deal with X-rays, MRI scans and other tests)
- Ophthalmologists (work with people’s eyes and vision)
Consultants are doctors who work with people with a certain type of illness.
They help to carry out special tests or to give a certain treatment.