The aim of the forum is to ensure the Trust recognises and involves staff and volunteers who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans or non-binary (LGBT+) and/or relationship diverse or as an LGBT+ ally.
For the first time in 2018, GOSH had a presence at Pride in London, with 12 marchers. Just one year later, GOSH’s representation in 2019 had grown to 68!
Our LGBT+ and Allies Forum offers support to our members and the wider organisation in the form of:
- Support of LBGT+ staff and families
- Visibility that our hospital is an LGBT+ friendly environment, which includes our ‘GOSH We’re Proud’ rainbow badge
- Policy advice
- Mentoring, training and education
- Inclusive, varied and publicised events
- Linkages with other forums and groups nationally
- Sharing experience and support
Members of the LGBT+ and Allies Forum Executive Team are:
- Forum co-chairs: Jamie Wilcox and Nikki Low
- Event organisers: Beth Reeves and Sam Hall
- Administrator/coordinator: Anushka Pereira and Anthony De Souza
We always welcome feedback – if you have any ideas, would like to be involved, or want further information about the Forum, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org