Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) Staff Forum
The Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) Forum was established at GOSH in 2018, with the aim of supporting the best interests of all BAME staff across the Trust.
Since then, the Forum has grown into a space for members, non-members and allies to meet, learn from each other’s experiences, encourage and inspire colleagues to be drivers of equality in the workplace, celebrate our achievements, and share opportunities for development. The 2020-2022 BAME Forum Executive Team includes:
- Forum Chair - Renee Barrett
- Policy Lead - Kate Campbell
- Communications Lead - Astrid Baez
- Adeboye Ifederu
- Mani Randhawa
- Marie Boxhall
Our focus is on
- Social – Participation in Celebration/Social Events
- Educational – More diverse interview panels and management training inclusive of cultural intelligence training
- Development – Career advice and development opportunities, including mentorship and the BAME Buddy Scheme
- Communication – Annual event showcasing BAME achievements both within GOSH and further afield.
- Leadership – Empowerment of Forum members to Speak Up and Drive Change and Listening Events as standard across departments.
- Networking – NCL NHS Hospital Trust-wide Networking opportunities.