The Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) Forum was established at GOSH in 2018, with the aim of supporting the best interests of all BAME staff across the Trust.
The 2020-2022 BAME Forum Executive Team includes:
- Forum Chair - Renee Barrett
- Policy Lead - Kate Campbell
- Communications Lead - Astrid Baez
- Adeboye Ifederu
- Mani Randhawa
- Marie Boxhall
We’re delighted to have the ongoing support of our Executive Sponsor, Chief Nurse Alison Robertson.
Our focus is on
- Social – Participation in Celebration/Social Events
- Educational – More diverse interview panels and management training inclusive of cultural intelligence training
- Development – Career advice and development opportunities, including mentorship and the BAME Buddy Scheme
- Communication – Annual event showcasing BAME achievements both within GOSH and further afield.
- Leadership – Empowerment of Forum members to Speak Up and Drive Change and Listening Events as standard across departments.
- Networking – NCL NHS Hospital Trust-wide Networking opportunities.
How to join
The Forum is open to anyone who has a vested interest the development and support of BAME staff.
To get involved with the forum or find our more about our events, activities and initiatives, please contact us at BAME@gosh.nhs.uk
You can also follow us on Twitter @GOSH_BAME