Welcome to Volunteer Services at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) and thanks for considering becoming a volunteer!
Recruitment Status: Open. We are accepting application forms.
Jamie Wilcox in charge of all volunteering activity currently taking place at the hospital. Here's what he has to say about the fantastic volunteers making a difference every day at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
With over 100 different volunteering roles in the hospital our huge team of 1,100 volunteers collectively provide more than 3,500 hours of their time every week.
The Trust is committed to engaging volunteers in meaningful roles that enhance our services and add value to the patient and family experience. As such, the Trust looks to ensure that volunteers are well placed, inducted, trained and supported throughout their volunteering to guarantee the best possible practice and service.
All our volunteers love coming to the hospital to undertake their role, knowing that they are making a real difference to people's lives. Volunteers tell us all the time about the great work that is happening.
We are proud of our volunteers and the enormous contribution they make. I look forward to receiving your application and you hopefully joining the team.
Head of Volunteer Services
- Children face painting with volunteers
- Volunteers have a bunny old time at Great Ormond Street
- Volunteer and a child doing activities with glitter
- Two female volunteers laughing as they work
- A volunteer at the information desk
- A female volunteer dressed as a princess/fairy
- Volunteers and children playing colourful games on a ward
- Volunteers and a GOSH bear say Oh My Gosh!