Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) aspires to provide career development opportunities for all staff roles across the organisation.
Our portfolio of learning activities enables staff to acquire a breadth of knowledge and skills which supports them to deliver a safe, high quality and effective service to patients and families. Our learning activities also provide staff with the chance to develop their competence and confidence in forging a successful career.
To support our commitment to GOSH staff, together with the Trust goals around safety and quality, we provide a number of initiatives including:
- All new staff who join GOSH receive a comprehensive induction to the organisation, their department and their individual role.
- A formal appraisal process. Staff are appraised soon after joining, where objectives are set and appropriate learning opportunities are identified. Appraisals occur annually, with regular informal catch-up sessions in between.
- A study leave policy. This provides staff with the appropriate support so that professional qualifications can be obtained in a chosen clinical or non-clinical field.
- A comprehensive portfolio of learning activities to help you meet your individual and professional goals.
- An established and growing range of career pathways for all professions – medical, clinical, clinical support and non-clinical. We also provide a leadership and management pathway to complement technical skill development.