If you're recovering from an illness or an operation, these websites can help you get back up to speed with your schoolwork.
Useful sites for revision
- Ask Dr Maths: a question and answer service for math students and their teachers. A searchable archive is available by level and topic, as well as summaries of frequently asked questions.
- BBC Bitesize: tutorials, tests with answer feedback, message boards, ask-a-teacher and web links.
- ConquerMaths: FREE Maths lessons!
- GCSE Answers covers Maths, English, Physics and French. It has tutorials, tests and explanations of answers.
- Revision Centre: here you will find revision notes, links, tips, and many other resources to help you make the most of your revision.
- Revise ICT: a bank of ICT games, quizzes and interactivities and much more!
- Revisiontime: a free-to-use education portal for students, parents and teachers.
- SAM Learning: need help with revision? Why not try SAM Learning? Contact your ward teacher for more information and a login.
- Schoolsnet covers 10 GCSE subjects and has interactive questions, revision tips and glossaries.
- Show me: cool stuff form museums and galleries. Are you into dinosaurs? Are you an arty smarty or a science whizz? Choose your favourite topic from these pages and have fun!
- S-Cool covers seven GCSEs and 13 A/AS level subjects. The site includes tutorials with revision exercises and test questions.
Learning at home
- Not School: an alternative to 'traditional' education
Other fun stuff
- Try some of the secondary web links from the hospital school
Search engine sites for kids
- Ask Jeeves for kids is the fastest and easiest way to find answers to questions. Ask Jeeves for Kids allows you to ask a question in plain English and, after interacting with you to confirm the question, Ask Jeeves for Kids takes you to one and only one web site that answers your question.
- Yahoo! Kids: this is a search site set up especially for young people. You can type in your question and it will direct you to the websites where you can find your answers.
Download free clipart
Good luck with your revision!