All research carried out by Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) and the University College London (UCL) Institute of Child Health (ICH) is managed by the Joint Research and Development (R&D) Office.
To ensure that our clinical research is of the highest quality, a Clinical Research Adoptions Committee (CRAC) consisting of senior staff, including statisticians, peer reviews all research proposals.
Courses are run for all research staff so that their knowledge of Good Clinical Practice is up-to-date.
The Joint R&D Office has dedicated teams who can provide:
- Clinical Research Facilitators offering expertise on the pre-award processes.
- Financial input on costing and non-commercial contracts.
- An industry team to assist with costing, pricing and contracting of all commercially funded research activity.
- A Clinical Trial of an Investigational Medicinal Product (CTIMP) team who can assist with all GOSH-sponsored CTIMP studies.
- A Research Governance team who will provide help with post-award research governance requirements.
- Our Data & Communications Co-ordinator to assist with producing research summary reports.
- Dedicated management support for the NIHR Biomedical Research Centre.
- UCL Business to advise on the commercialisation of research and Intellectual Property.
Ms Emma Pendleton
Deputy Director of Clinical Research and Development
Joint Research and Development Office
Division of Research and Innovation
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust
UCL Institute of Child Health
30 Guilford Street
Tel: 020 7905 2700
Fax: 020 7905 2201